Customers of SpinFire Professional can reinstall the build for which they are licensed. If your maintenance has expired, you will not have access to importers with build dates later than the expiration date of your maintenance. Click here for directions to determine when your maintenance expires.
Re-install your installation to SpinFire 10.4
Like SpinFire 9.0, SpinFire 10.4 installs in addition to SpinFire 8.3, 8.4, and 9.0, so you can keep running your older version of SpinFire simultaneously. Also to make the installation process easier, all the importers and plug-ins are now included in the SpinFireinstall application. So with one install you can manage all your SpinFire needs.
- The full version of the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 redistributable package is required for the installation to take place, otherwise an installation error will appear
- If already installed, it will appear in the “Add or Remove Programs/Programs and Features” list as: “Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended”
SpinFire 10.4 Download Options:
- Web Install:Downloads components from the internet.
- Single File (FULL) Install:For multiple Network Installations.
- Reader Install: For only the Free Reader component. No license required. Upgrading to SpinFire Professional will require a re-install from a SpinFire Professional download.
The user installing SpinFire must have administrator privileges OR the administrator password in order for the installation to complete.
The installation allows you to select the necessary components you need:
- Typical (installs ALL but DAA Plug-in and most Common Importers)
- Complete (installs all Importers and Plug-ins)
- Custom (add or remove from the Importer or Plug-in list)
Note: The Weight Calculation Plug-in can only be installed from the SpinFire “Plug-ins” page. For a detailed step by step quide through the install, please go here.
**If you have SpinFire 8.3, 8.4 or 9.0 running, the install will automatically copy the license file from the 8.3, 8.4, or 9.0 license folder to the 10.4 license folder. If you are running SpinFire Professional 8.3 or earlier, you need to upgrade your license.
*Please note that files saved or created using SpinFire 10.x cannot be loaded into previous versions of SpinFire. However, .3D files created in SpinFire 8.4 and previous can be loaded in 10.x.
- The location of the license file has changed. The License File Folder Locations are as follows:
- SpinFire 10.0/10.1
XP: C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataActifySpinFire100
Win 7/Vista: C:ProgramDataActifySpinFire100
- SpinFire 10.2
XP: C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataActifySpinFire102
Win 7/Vista: C:ProgramDataActifySpinFire102
- SpinFire 10.4
XP: C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataActifySpinFire104
Win 7/Vista: C:ProgramDataActifySpinFire104