Customers of SpinFire Professional can reinstall the build for which they are licensed. If your maintenance has expired, you will not have access to importers with build dates later than the expiration date of your maintenance. Click here for directions to determine when your maintenance expires.
During the install you have the option to install SpinFire just for you (which is really helpful if your account does not have administrator privileges) or for all users (which means your account must have administrator privileges).
The install allows you to select only the necessary software:
- Reader level (no plug-ins, importers, or Office Integration)
- Standard (installs ALL but DAA Plug-in and most Common Importers)
- Custom (add or remove from the Importer or Plug-in list, and install the Office Integration)
For a detailed step by step quide through the install, please go here.
Supported SpinFire 9.0 Importers
These importers are included in the SpinFire 9.0 installation. Once SpinFire 9.0 is downloaded, customers can download importers from the installation manager. Below are the importers supported with SpinFire 9.0.
- AutoCAD – Version support up to 2010
- Catia V4 – Version support up to V4.2.5
- Catia V5 – Version support up to R19
- HPGL – Any
- IGES – Version support up to 6.0
- JT -Version support up to 9.3
- NX – Version support update up to NX6
- Parasolid – Version support Up to R19
- Pro/E – Version support up to Wildfire 5
- PRC – Any
- Solidworks – Version support up to 2010
- STEP – AP203, AP214
- STL – Any
Plug-in Downloads for SpinFire Professional 9.0 Only
Once SpinFire 9.0 is downloaded, customers can download plug-ins from the installation manager.
- Automated Excel Plug-in: Quickly add a parts list to an Excel template that includes the ability to have an image of the part, volume, surface area and perform Excel calculations on those values.
- Exploded Assembly Plug-in:The exploded assembly plug-in simplifies and speeds up the process of moving parts or sub-assemblies. The parts can be moved using one of three options: Linear, Radial, or Spherical.
- Minimum Distance Plug-in: Minimum Distance plug-in computes and displays the minimum distance between the selected entities. The selection could be between sub assemblies, parts and sets of surfaces. Thus allowing you to find absolute minimums and local minimums.
- Model Compare Plug-in: Visually compare two models and display the material that has been added or removed (Model Compare Release Notes)
- STL Export Plug-in: Easily export CAD files as STL files for use in other application
- Cross-Section Plus Plug-in: The Cross Section Plus plug-in allows users to calculate the surface area and length of the perimeter for a collection of cross sections. The plug-in works with the cross section plane.
- Automated Part List Plug-in:The Automatic Part List plug-in provides uers an easy and quick method for listing all the subassemblies and parts that make an assembly.
- Automated Part ID Plug-in: To increase productivity and reduce introduction of errors the Automatic Part ID plug-in was developed to add part information markup to each part in the assembly. For example if a user wants to add the part name to each part in the assembly today they have to type in the name manually. This is prone to typographical errors and is very time consuming. The Automatic Part ID plug-in automates this process.
- **Draft Angle Analysis Plug-in: The Draft Angle Analysis Plug-in allows the user to specify one or more parts in an assembly, and ask for visual feedback on what level of draft angle has been applied to these surfaces when compared to a “pull direction”.
**Note: The Draft Angle Analysis Plug-in is the only Actify Plug-in that is NOT free. If you would like to know more about this plug-in or if you would like to purchase it, please contact your local Actify Reseller or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The location of the license file has changed. The License File Folder Locations are as follows:
- SpinFire 8.4
- XP: C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataActifySpinFire Professional
- Vista/Win 7: C:ProgramDataActifySpinFire Professional
- SpinFire 9.0
- XP: C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataActifySpinFire90
- Vista/ Win 7: C:ProgramDataActifySpinFire90