Frågor och svar: installation – FAQ
Frågor och svar: flytande licens – Floating
Floating license: New License file mechanism in Spinfire version
8.2 or later
This document is intended to provide an overview of the license
rather than to answer to specific questions.
Floating License File: the license file used by FleXLM the name of this file is “sfpflv2.dat“.
Actify License File: the license file used by SpinFire Pro for Activation.
The name of the file is “license.al“
1. The Actify License File also contains the Floating License File.
2. Both the Actify License File and the Floating license file will reside in
the folder:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataActifySpinFire Professional
User Activation from the client side
SpinFire will take care of putting the license files in the above directory, during
the Activation procedure:
1. Enter the Seat ID in the Option->Activation page of SpinFire
2. click on “Activate Online” and SpinFire will contact License Manager to gather all the necessary information in order to put the 2 license files in the correct directory.
3. No other manual operation is needed from the user.
1. The user will receive the Actify License File from Actify (or from the reseller), via email.
2. He/she will save that file in any arbitrary location (e.g.: the desktop).
3. In the Option->Activation page, the user will click on “read license file”, then
point to the saved Actify license file, click on “open” and SpinFire will take care of doing
all the necessary checks, and copy BOTH the license files in the correct directory.
this is it’s totally up to the system administrator
All Actify products can be installed silently – this is especially
useful for large installations. See the instructions here
There is no “remote activation” properly speaking.
By remote activation we mean that someone (e.g. the system administrator)
will do all the work, and the user won’t be asked to activate the software.
In this case, the System admin:
1. Will receive the Actify License File
2. He will need to copy that file in the Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataActifySpinFire Professional directory of the user
3. That’s it – when SpinFire starts, it will find that license.al file and it will get all the necessary information, including the Floating License File, which will appear in the same directory.
Question: In the past I used to have the sfpflv2.dat that I copied in the ActifyKernel directory.
What happened to that file?
Answer: That file is automatically included in the license.al file.
The software automatically extract the sfpflv2.dat and copy it in the Documents and SettingsAll
UsersApplication DataActifySpinFire Professional
This will avoid problems with users who don’t have enough permissions to write files
in the program files directory.